10 Oct Organizing a storage unit for a Home Stager – ME!
Today, I spent the morning organizing my new storage unit. I’m sharing it with another stager that I work with often so half of the space is hers. I wanted to make sure that I could find my things easily. I’ve seen plenty of storage units belonging to stagers and we are notorious for de-staging a house and going with the dump and run when we get to our storage area. Who wants to organize after de-staging?!?
I think I did this the right way by planning it out and placing things in bins and bags with labels. I also took the opportunity to update my inventory list. As a professional organizer, I know this worked out well, but as a stager, this will make a huge difference in how long it takes me to prep for a job. I even labeled the shelves! Most of my furniture items aren’t here yet but there’s the space in the middle which will accomodate them.
Here’s the areas I created:
- bedding including sets, blow up mattresses and cots
- towels/bathroom accessories
- kitchen/dining including linens
- artwork (I need to create/build a better system for this)
- accessories such as pottery pieces, vases and small decorative items
- bins for marbles, stones, ribbons, wicker balls, etc.
- large bins I use for transport
- things that need repair or paint or are an upcoming art project
- I used the top for small furniture pieces I don’t use that often, and tall items like lamps All done!